SUMMARY:This position requires a Peace Officer Certification through TCLEOSE and requires thorough work knowledge of law enforcement procedures. The individual has daily contact with the public and is responsible for the preparation of offense reports. Responds to delegation of duties from patrol Sergeant, Captain, Chief Deputy or Sheriff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Duties include the following:
- Serve legal papers/arrest warrants.
- Conducts investigations of suspected violations as assigned. Interviews witnesses, victims, and suspects. Takes statements and confessions. Develops offense reports, arrest reports and supplemental information..
- Responds to citizens request and complaints regarding possible criminal activity such as disturbances, burglaries, prowlers or suspicious persons.
- Handle commitments to hospitals and institutions.
- Performs traffic stops and accident investigations..
- Informs the community of crime prevention, public safety and public awareness programs. Provides citizens with assistance concerning laws.
- Performs all other job related duties as assigned or as apparent.
- Ability to get along with other employees and the public.
Note: The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position and is assigned by the supervisor.
Staff – Our Team
<Chief Deputy>John Oglesby
<Patrol – Sgt>Santos Calderon
<Investigator – Sgt>Carl Bowen
<K-9 Deputy>Jerry La Grange
<Deputy – Balif>Jeff Abott
For an expanded description and Job Openings see the Careers Menu.
Need to contact us?
208 E. Live Oak St.
Cuero, Texas 77954